Statera Foundation National Conference | MILWAUKEE 2018
Call for Proposals
Statera Foundation is seeking proposals for workshops, breakout sessions, and special presentations for the 2018 National Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The 2018 Statera National Conference (StateraConIII) will feature workshops, breakout sessions, plenaries, and many networking opportunities to further Statera's mission of bridging the gap between passion, preparation, and opportunity for theatre makers who identify as women+. Statera Foundation holds that gender balance in the theatre means telling stories by and for the full scope of humanity, and is the pathway to a thriving and relevant theatre of the future that benefits us all.
We invite proposals from theatre professionals of all ages and genders that:
- Reflect the diversity of theatre professionals identifying as women+ and non-binary
- Stimulate and provoke discussion about gender parity issues
- Engage and support gender allies in the gender parity movement
- Target specific sub-groups such as students, new to the industry, mid-career, seasoned professionals
- Inspire new paths of personal and creative expression
- Explore specific issues important to theatre artists who identify as women+
- Engage participants in topics regarding work-life-balance, and other issues relating to personal fulfillment
Sessions should fit within a 75 minute time frame.
The Conference will be held at the University of Wisconsin in Millwaukee, WI from October 4-7. The overall schedule of events will include a diverse array of presenters and perspectives, including those with different specialities, areas of expertise, levels of experience, and a variety of institutional and organizational types.
Proposals are due by April 1, 2018, and notifications will be made by May 1, 2018. Please submit your proposal below. If you have questions about the process or have trouble using the form below, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you very much for your time and interest.