Statera Foundation, deriving its name from the Latin word for balance, endeavors to serve women in the theatre by expanding employment options, improving salary, and removing barriers to growth and achievement through mentorship, internship, research, outreach, networking, and support to empower them to reach their full potential by bridging the gap between passion, preparation, and opportunity.
- Research assessment concerning opportunities for women in the theatre.
- Collaborate with theaters interested in creating greater opportunity for women.
- Outreach for theaters interested in creating greater equity in their hiring practices.
- Connect hiring theaters with qualified female candidates.
- Advocate for better and more cohesive childcare options and family housing.
- Maintenance of regional mentorship opportunities for STATERA members.
- Support and partner with existing organizations that are also working for gender parity and pay equity in the Arts.
- Education and outreach for training programs interested in creating greater gender equity within their classrooms and theaters.
Our National Conferences
Statera Conference is an annual event. Conference is a unique opportunity to meet with theatre professionals from all over the country for three days of networking, socializing, experience-sharing, theatre-going and more! The Statera conference is all about gender balance and our goal is to take action to bring women into full and equal participation in the American theatre. Please join us for the 2016 Statera National Conference, October 14-16 at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts in Denver, Colorado. For more information, please visit www.staterafoundation.org/conference.