Statera Foundation, deriving its name from the Latin word for balance, serves theatre artists who identify as female to expand employment options, improve salary, and remove barriers to growth and achievement through mentorship, internship, research, engagement, education, networking, and support to empower them to reach their full potential by bridging the gap between passion, preparation, and opportunity.
- Research assessment concerning opportunities for theatre artists who identify as female.
- Collaborate with theatre arts organizations interested in creating greater opportunity for women.
- Engagement for theatre arts organizations interested in creating greater equity in their hiring practices.
- Connect hiring theaters with qualified female identified candidates.
- Advocate for better and more cohesive childcare options and family housing.
- Regional mentorship opportunities for STATERA members.
- Support and partner with existing organizations that are also working for gender balance and pay equity in the Arts.
- Education and engagement for training programs interested in creating greater gender equity within their classrooms and theaters.
Our National Conferences
Statera Conference is an annual event. Conference is a unique opportunity to meet with theatre professionals from all over the country for three days of networking, socializing, experience-sharing, theatre-going and more! The Statera conference is all about nourishing an environment of gender balance through the lens of intersectionality. Our goal is to take action to bring female-identified artists into full and equal participation in the American theatre. Please join us for the 2018 Statera National Conference, October 4-7 in Milwaukee, WI. For more information, please visit www.staterafoundation.org/conference.